Guide To Improving Your Route Optimization
If you have already realized the investment of route optimization software is well worth the money, here are additional tips to further improve your route optimizing.
- Larger time windows or no time windows
- Minimize skill specific jobs
- Minimize specific appointments that can’t be moved
- Accurately estimate job durations and update
- Get drivers to utilize turn by turn directions on their mobile device
- Pre plan routes Vs adding jobs on the fly
- Measure job duration and drive duration to benchmark productivity
- Eliminate service regions where few other jobs exist
In general, the less restrictions you have for each appointment, the more available options the route algorithm has to choose from. This may not always be possible, but keep this in mind when providing customers with options on when they want to book their appointments.